- My paper avo >I and then we.
- I have tried personally the voice that is active feasible.
- We have actually defined terms that are specialized might be unknown to readers.
- I have tried personally clear, simple language as much as possible and avoided unnecessary jargon.
- My paper states my viewpoint utilizing a tone—neither that is balanced indecisive nor too powerful.
as well as checking the points noted on Checklist 12.3, review your paper to ensure your language is accurate, conveys no connotations that are unintended and it is free from biases. Check out for the points to check on for:
- Vague or imprecise terms
- Repetition of the identical expressions (“Smith states…, Jones states…”) to introduce quoted and material that is paraphrasedFor the full a number of strong verbs to utilize with in-text citations, see Chapter 13 “APA and MLA Documentation and Formatting”.)
- Exclusive utilization of masculine pronouns or use that is awkward of or she
- Utilization of language with negative connotations, such as for instance haughty or r >